Day 18 – Ever cried because of a video game? Which one(s)?
Once or twice perhaps.
Or several times really.
Ok, ALL THE TIME actually. I cry a lot. Out of sadness or joy or simply bc something is very pretty or awesome. I cry about 90% of the Overwatch shorts every damn time I see them. It never stops. I cried my eyes out when I played ME3 for the first time – the moment Grunt buys Shepard time to get away. I was convinced it was a self sacrifice for a moment and I could barely see what was happening bc I was literally sobbing.
Sera made me cry in DAI. Several times. (Positively bc I love her so damn much.) The Citadel DLC made a mess out of me. LOTRO made me cry out of joy several times. Honestly the list could go on forever. I cry daily, without discrimination or prejudice. 😉
Funnily enough, I don’t cry that much in video games as in other media. Give me a good TV or movie scene, a book or anything – I cry my eyes out as soon as something beautiful and/or sad happens. Video games don’t do that to me that much, even those that mean a lot to me. The game that left me an emotional wreck actually was Dragon Age Inquisition – despite all my criticism. As Solasmancer, that comes to no surprise. I was, however, completely unspoiled the first time I played it and the force of the emotional impact actually took me by complete surprise. (In hindsight it makes more sense because the whole Solas romance reminds me of very painful personal experiences.) Up to the end, I kind of hoped and expected a happy end, something to turn the tide, but it never came.
I was emotionally shaken by more or less every other RPG I played at one time or another (Leandra’s death in DA2, ME3, some points in the SWTOR Jedi Knight story, a botched romance in 7KPP, one or two moments in GW2) and some other games as well (Sarah’s death in TLOU, the end of Journey) but none hit me as much as DAI.
Tell us what made you cry (or if none ever did) is in the comments or on twitter @gamingnerdgirls and get a chance of winning Civilisation V
- Participants have to be over 18
- To participate you have to answer the daily question in the comments of the respective blog post or answer to the tweet
- The winner will be determined by random using random.org
- The winner will be announced the following day in the next blog post. The winner must contact us with a valid e-mail-adress at gamingnerdgirls [@] gmail [dot] com within a week or the win is forfeit
- deadline for each day will be midnight UTC+01:00/MEZ
- if you just wanna talk to us but not participate in the draw just mention it in your comment
And the winner of yesterday’s Fallout New Vegas is @PoPerfUS – please send us a message via email or twitter