Day 19 – Fondest memory about gaming?
I don’t think I have THE best memory. I have a lot of great ones. Like that one time over Christmas holidays where Würa and I spent hours on Voss, hitting random NPCs with snowballs to collect things for the special snowflake achievement in SWTOR.
Or the time a fellow guild member and I duo-ed a 3-Person instance in LOTRO (The Library) with two kiting Runekeepers and took about an hour for this usually short thing but we managed in the end.
The most recent one from this year? When I was about half an hour into Divinity: Original Sin 2 and it suddenly hit me that this might be on a level with Dragon Age Origins or Baldur’s Gate 2. Those games that I’ve learned to love and that always give me the “I wish I could play this for the first time again” nostalgia – and suddenly I was in Divinity realising that this was exactly it – the first time playing something amazing.
Oh, that is difficult. I think it might be one of those times where I reached a point in a story that Anna and or Würa already played and they had the joy of hearing me live comment – the endgame of Mass Effect Andromeda, for example, or more or less every moment of SWTOR where I needed to vent because OH MY FUCKING GODS.
Then the times where my husband introduced me to Zelda: Twilight Princess and I couldn’t stop playing. (He even made a comic about it (it’s in German, though)). I was so engrossed in the general atmosphere, it was beautiful.
Tell us about your fondest game memory is in the comments or on twitter @gamingnerdgirls and get a chance of winning Guardians of Middle Earth
- Participants have to be over 18
- To participate you have to answer the daily question in the comments of the respective blog post or answer to the tweet
- The winner will be determined by random using random.org
- The winner will be announced the following day in the next blog post. The winner must contact us with a valid e-mail-adress at gamingnerdgirls [@] gmail [dot] com within a week or the win is forfeit
- deadline for each day will be midnight UTC+01:00/MEZ
- if you just wanna talk to us but not participate in the draw just mention it in your comment
And the winner of yesterday’s Civilisation V is @_LaNoir_ – please send us a message via email or twitter