Day 21 – First game you remember playing?
I think that was Space Invaders and something Donkey Kong like on a very old pc my mom had that didn’t even run windows. I lost a lot. Next was Super Mario World on the SNES a couple of years later. I got my first own PC around the mid 90s and the first games I bought myself for it were Caesar 2 and a bit later Fugger 2. I played a bit of Warcraft 2 & Command & Conquer but I didn’t get into them much.
Donkey Kong! The arcade version, when it came for PC (on DOS, I think?). I was very young, we didn’t understand a thing and never got beyond Level 2. Hihi. Then I remember the first Settlers, the one which you also had to start in DOS and where you had a split screen for two players and that “collect the flags” game with the triangular car thingy that was on the Win95 CD – anybody remember that? We also had a very serious Sim City phase in my family – my mum had an impressive HUGE city.
Tell us what your first game was in the comments or on twitter @gamingnerdgirls and get a chance of winning Solstice
- Participants have to be over 18
- To participate you have to answer the daily question in the comments of the respective blog post or answer to the tweet
- The winner will be determined by random using random.org
- The winner will be announced the following day in the next blog post. The winner must contact us with a valid e-mail-adress at gamingnerdgirls [@] gmail [dot] com within a week or the win is forfeit
- deadline for each day will be midnight UTC+01:00/MEZ
- if you just wanna talk to us but not participate in the draw just mention it in your comment
And the winner of yesterday’s Elder Scrolls is Franzi – please send us a message via email or twitter